Kim Martinez specializes in working with Highly Sensitive teens and children. Children that are Highly Sensitive often come across as anxious or difficult. To learn more about HSP children and to take a self test or a test for your child to learn if he or she is Highly Sensitive, click here.
Is this your child?
- easily overwhelmed by such things as bright lights, strong smells, coarse fabrics, or sirens nearby?
- rattled when they have a lot to do in a short amount of time?
- make a point of avoiding violent movies and TV shows? have nightmares?
- need to withdraw during busy days, into bed or a darkened room or some other place where they can have privacy and relief from the situation?
- make it a high priority to arrange your child’s life to avoid upsetting or overwhelming situations to avoid meltdowns?
- notice or enjoy delicate or fine scents, tastes, sounds, or works of art?
- have a rich and complex inner life?
- do grandparents or teachers see them as sensitive or shy?